Friday, November 19, 2010

Cloud Cult at First Ave

Jay Gabler of Twin Cities Daily Planet interviewed Craig Minowa of Cloud Cult before their show. They played two nights at First Ave, and we went to the second, all-ages, show on Thursday. These great photos give an idea of how much fun it was for the band and the audience alike. Most of the people in the audience were singing along to every song, even the new ones off their Cloud Chaser CD, like this one, "You'll Be Bright."



Some of my favorite moments from the show? During the first song, the two painters spun their canvases as they laid down the background colors. The keyboards player also played the French Horn, and the bass player played the trombone. The cello and violin add such richness to their sound.

The band can either sound like their albums or change up the arrangements. Either way, their live performances are a joyful communion with their fans.

This is the first song of theirs that I fell in love with on the radio. Now I have a good dozen that I love.

2 comments:

Marz said...

Oh!
I first heard them from this K/S fanvid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4wWmCVXbwg
"There's So Much" is totally fanvid-able.

I love the orchestral touches and the patience of their music; the trombone changes a lot.

p.s.
Guy in Window at 1:07 of "There's So Much"

momo said...

They played that song last night!
Love the b/w and other alterations to the footage in the fanvid. It gives a fresh angle on the characters.

<3 Guy in Window!