Thursday, August 11, 2011
Some SYTYCD season 8 favorites
from the last performance episode of So You Think You Can Dance (season 8), my favorite dancer from this year, Sasha, with my favorite dancer of the show, Mark.
Choreography: Sonyah Tayeh
Dancers: Mark Kanemura and Sasha
Music: Deadmaus, "Raise Your Weapon"
Here's Sasha dancing with Twitch to a classic song, "Misty Blue"--gives me goosebumps! Choreography by LXD's Christopher Scott.
I also liked Travis Wall's "vulture stalks boy" piece for Tadd and Jordan. Tadd may be primarily a b-boy, but he brings incredible charisma and musicality to his dances, and this was a number that got him to the finale.
Not as technically challenging, but there are only so many angry angtsy dances one can take. This was Broadway Jazz fun, with Melanie and Tadd. She probably will win tonight, but you never know!
Finally, I also liked Melanie and Sasha together in a Stacey Tookie piece that was billed as "Mad Men"-era frustrated housewives, but that I read as two women who don't realize they should run away together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment