I began last year, intending to blog about all the movies I watched. I think I got up to #6 before I stopped the blogging, but I watched a lot of movies: on Netflix, I had a mini-Korean fest; at the Film Society, I saw quite a few Spanish-language films in their "Latin" film fest (I'll save the rant about the label). The documentary The Mexican Suitcase was outstanding. I joined the Talk Cinema group, so I can see previews on Saturday mornings through the Landmark Cinema chain, and stay on for a conversation after the film. I like not knowing until the last minute what they are going to show us. In that series, I was able to see Melancholia, The Artist, and Carnage. I still hate Roman Polanski, and think he framed the play with the exterior shots the way he did as a kind of special pleading, but I enjoyed the hell out of the acting.
I also saw The Ides of March, Drive, Shame (yes, I knew someone who was as fucked-up as that character, absolutely) Young Adult, and The Descendants. Stuck Between Stations, a film shot in Minneapolis, was really terrific. It won't get the distribution it deserves.
On my list to see when we get home from Spain:
Fincher's Girl w/Dragon Tattoo, Cronenburg's A Dangerous Method, Tinker Tailor, Hugo (if it's still around).
Wednesday, January 04, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment