I was giddy throughout our time in the Denver Botanic Gardens. I was not only impressed by the beauty of the many gardens, but also by how well-cared for, how healthy the entire place was. I have been in other gardens not as well cared-for. You can tell that this is a well-run, well-loved place. And they have free wi-fi! I gave my friend and her family a gift membership, since they live so close, so that they can come any time, wander, sit, read, browse, even work.
My photos can only provide a glimpse of how gorgeous these are. You can't see the clouds of bees, hear the sound of water and birds, smell the myriad odors of plants and flowers, taste the apricots we picked up off the ground under the trees loaded with fruit. A few of the more dramatic sights are some of the many sculptures, fountains and ponds.
"Barracuda" suspended in front of a curtain of water
"Zen" is a highly polished bronze, curved frame for different views of the lilypads and flowers of this pond
Temporary installation of floating woven bamboo sculptures placed throughout the gardens.
This annual report gives a great overview of the Gardens
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment