Monday, August 13, 2012

Weasel war dance vs. "la flemme"

There is a wonderful French expression: "J'ai la flemme de..." It means "I can't be bothered to..." or "I'm too bored to...". I have been busy doing lots of things, but "J'ai la flemme d'écrire dans ce blog."



On the other hand, I've been bitten by the crafter bug. I have made three pillowcases out of dishtowels, knit about ten more inches on a scarf, made about 40 pieces of jewelry, painted or upcycled a number of things around the house, cared for a new garden, and taught myself some macramé.
I know that some of these impulses are bound up with my ongoing process of attempting to negotiate some issues at work, related to improving my conditions due to health issues. So far, I haven't achieved my goal, but I'm making some tiny progress. I will now perform my weasel war dance, as recommended for Scorpios by
Rob Brezsny's in last week's Free Will Astrology:
When a domesticated weasel captures some treasure or beats out a competitor for food, it performs a celebratory dance that's referred to as the "weasel war dance." During this triumphant display, it might hiss, arch its back, fluff out its tail, and hop around madly. I encourage you to come up with your own private version of this ritual, Scorpio. It can be more dignified if you like: snapping your fingers, singing a magical phrase, or raising your arms in a V-for-victory gesture. Whatever you choose, do it after every accomplishment, no matter how small: buying groceries, arriving at an appointment on time, getting a good new idea, or any other success.

No comments: