I went to most of the films in this series at the PFA of Maggie Cheung movies. I had already seen Irma Vep, and was out of town for In the Mood for Love, but I saw the rest of the series. Such a star!
Clean (dir. Olivier Assayas) 2004
A heartbreaking account of a mother who attempts to kick her habit in order to win back custody of her child after her famous musician husband ODs. (I did not realize that they were married). She won Best Actress at Cannes for this role.
Comrades: Almost a Love Story (dir. Peter Chan) 1996 Hong Kong. Leon Lai is so hunky in this story of immigrants.
Center Stage (dir. Stanley Kwan) betrayal and survival, in the Chinese film industry during the revolution. The story of Chinese actress Ruan Lingyu who committed suicide in 1935, at the age of 24.
Green Snake (Tsui Hark) 1993.
Snake sisters!
Hero (dir. Zhang Yimou) 2002
Red! Blue! White! Green!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment