Saturday, November 05, 2022

Library

 When I first arrived here I sought out the closest library branch to get my card and to have a destination for walks. I was disappointed that the branch I visited had no magazines or newspapers, although it had a large children's section. Today I visited a different branch, one that is actually closer, but which doesn't have any magazines or newspapers either. I did read Alison Bechdel's latest book The Secret to Superhuman Strength. At one point the fire alarm went off, but we just sat through it until they figured out how to turn it off. 

I placed a hold on a biography of Margaret Fuller that inspired Bechdel--I'm going to  see what kinds of resources there are at the Brooklyn Public Library. It looks as if they do not have Kanopy or Hoopla, so I'll keep my Berkeley Public Library account open.

No comments: