In spite of the anxiety about scheduling my mastectomy we were able to go on our scheduled trip to Tokyo and Seoul in December (and I had the surgery on my return). The whole thing was wonderful. In Tokyo, we stayed at a little hotel near where Rosemary will do her residency this coming fall. We tromped around and did some visits to new neighborhoods and old. Ate wonderful food, including a return to Fruit Parlor Goto
and the oden restaurant OtafukuRosemary had some friends in town so we met up with them and went to an amazing sushi restaurant called Manten. Seventeen or eighteen small plates all of outstanding quality. Best sushi I have ever had.
We flew to Seoul and spent nine days there. Our hanok style hotel was lovely--our room had a balcony overlooking a garden. We stayed in the Bukchon neighborhood and enjoyed tromping around looking for restaurants and cafes. We went to many of the museums I had already seen when I was there by myself but I was glad to go back.
The food was great. We had barbeque a couple of times.
It was cold but I had my puffy coat which was plenty warm. We walked every day until my energy gave out, and sometimes Rosemary would go out on her own while I rested at the hotel.


No comments:
Post a Comment