Tomorrow we go to Spain! I'm trying not to be anxious about the trip to the airport. I will take a Lyft at 8PM to get there to check in by 9 for a 12:30 flight. It's non stop 7 and a half hours so we get into Barcelona at 1;30 in the afternoon. We have tickets on the AVE for 4pm so with any luck no bags will go astray and we'll arrive in Zaragoza in the early evening. Then we have a stack of birthdays: Blas on the 10th, Arun on the 11th and Radikha on the 12th. I should get some little gifties. I can give Blas the Colson Whitehead book The Underground Railroad. I can give the Coffee book to Arun. what can I give his mom?
it's going to be 100 degrees in Zaragoza. I need to get some sunscreen for my arms. I packed sundresses and tshirts. I'll wear the skort and I have a cotton bucket hat for the sun. I packed underwear and socks, a sleep tshirt since I seem to have lost my cotton nightgown and only have flannel and warm pjs. I will suspend my weight loss diet and try to just eat sensibly, not gorge myself on olives. I need to eat a few things in my fridge tonight and tomorrow and take out the compost and the trash.I also need to leave the lead paint form for Kari and Jason and ask them to keep an eye on the drain if it storms. I can hear thunder now!
We will go to the village for the total eclipse of the sun. Carlos and Marisa will be there as well some friends of Rosemary's who are renting a camper. It will be somewhat cooler there but still hot.
I will see if I can get a Spain football jersey while I'm there.
No comments:
Post a Comment