Tuesday, August 08, 2006

disambiguation (is that really a word?)

I had a hard time coming up with a name for this blog. Once I tried to come up with a middle name for myself (I don't have one) and it stumped me. So I decided to go with a name my daughter gave me when she was very little; she was writing messages to mama and it came out momo. She also sometimes calls me "mude" (mom + dude), but that means "tired" in German.
I already knew that momo means peach in Japanese because we used to have a book about the adventures of Momo-taro (Peach Boy), a Japanese folk hero. I also remember the song that goes with the story.

What are some of the other meanings of momo? Well, you can try to Google it, but going straight to the Wikipedia "disambiguation" page for momo is much more fun.

2 comments:

Professor Zero said...

That disambiguation page is extremely funny! But it takes too long to go through, so I is puttin' dat direct link right heah:

Momo
Wikipedia Disambiguation

momo said...

Ah. I did put that link up, under the next mention of momo, but I can see that syntax + links affects reception. I'll have to think about how to sequence things differently next time. I'm learning something new every day, some of it technical and some of it about "composition" and blog legibility.
One other Google association with momo is MoMo or Mobile Mondays, something the Finns at Nokia founded that now has chapters world wide, for "mobility" techies. One of the pictures at their site mobile monday calls them "momoists."