Monday, November 13, 2006

Los Lobos

anselma/bestel mar - Rowwen Heze and Los Lobos

I love Los Lobos! Here we see a meeting of the accordion-roots of a lot of conjunto/northern mexican musics.
Rowen Hezze (or Heze) is apparently a Dutch band that sings in the Limburg variant of Dutch (from the south). I googled their name, and came up with tons of pages in Dutch, and one post about how they opened for the Rolling Stones. I was reminded of a film I rented recently, Schulze gets the blues, a masterpiece of cinematography, and a story about how music can change your life.
I'd like to write a lot more about the film, or anything else for that matter, but I have just finished grading 30 student journals, and must now finish grading 20 papers and 20 journals from another class (I'm about halfway through that stack). Then we'll be in the home stretch of the semester. Now, if I could only decide which books to order for a new class I'll be teaching in the Spring.

1 comment:

The Combat Philosopher said...

FYI, Los Lobos are also really nice people too. They are fun to hang with. We did that a while ago.

The CP