Monday, July 16, 2007

One year bloggiversary

I have had limited access to internet over the last week or so, due to travel and having too much fun. I found myself at times thinking, "Oh, I must blog about this!" and started wondering about why some events or experiences fall into that category and others don't. I certainly want to write about the wild parrots of Barcelona and how they are like the tourists, extremely picturesque and also an invasive species that is causing great concern to the locals. I have, however, realized that Safari is not the best browser for posting to Blogger for various reasons, so I'll have to do that later.

I started this blog just a little over a year ago, to learn how to do it and about blogging for teaching and by writers. One of the things I've learned is about why I'll still use Mozilla instead of Safari, even though I've switched to Mac.

I have been to Barcelona four or five times since 1975. I always enjoy myself, and I always remember that Barcelona often smells like a port city: the salt air, and the whiff of sewage, urine and vomit.

2 comments:

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

I read somewhere recently that if a blogger wants a comment then the last sentence of an entry should be provocative. I think your last sentence may count as provocative. Thanks for that.

Happy blogversary

I envy your travels.

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna! Hope you are enjoying Spain and Rosemary. I saw these Guinea Pigs on Cute Overload and immediately thought of Muffin and Louis. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o31rT0QilvI