Tuesday, April 08, 2008

"O villain, villain, smiling, damned villain!"



Our Governor, Lord Farquaad, has used his line-item veto in an patently malicious, spiteful, mean-spirited and hateful way. His cuts were especially vindictive toward the City of Saint Paul, public transit projects, and (as usual) the poor. I am going to let TC Sidewalks blogger speak for me here because he does so eloquently: "Pothole Pawlenty's Putrid Politics" and because I am incoherent with rage at the way Pawlenty has systematically ground down what were once the pride of Minnesota: the schools, the parks, services to the poor and needy. I wish we could recall his slimey ass.

7 comments:

Bill Lindeke said...

Amen. He makes you miss Jesse.

momo said...

He makes Arne Carlson seem like a saint.

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

I wish we could recall his slimey ass.

Is it against the Minnesota state’s constitution or is there just not enough support. Because as I am sure you are aware, it can be done, or I should say it was done in California. Poor Grey Davis, he was right about Enron all along, but I supposed there was big money set on ousting him.

momo said...

You know, I think it can be done, but it is really hard. I should look that up! Yeah, remember when the idea of Arnold as governor seemed like a bad joke? Sort of how I felt before Reagan was elected president.

Unknown said...

I can't describe how furious I was when I read how he's decided to hold the Light Rail hostage in exchange for his pet tax cuts for the corporations. I am fuming.

Mr. B. said...

Hola Momo,

What really annoys me is that OurLeaders at the U got about half a billion dollars in the last two bonding sessions - for football and four biomedical research buildings. This while Folwell and the Bell got stiffed. Hard to complain when you've gotten so much money...

And OurLeader certainly kept his mouth shut about Central Corridor. I really believe he would rather have no Central Corridor than one at grade along Washington Avenue.

Peace!

momo said...

I wish I didn't have to agree with you. I know that the former chair of the Republican party is a big investor in biomedical startups, so I'm not surprised that those buildings survived the cuts.