Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday morning in my neighborhood in Twitterville

Couldn't sleep until 2AM, but I'm awake with the birds. So it's back to bed with a pot of coffee, my laptop, and Twitter. I follow some fun and interesting people! Here's a sample of some tweets that gave me stories from my "everything but SYTYCD" Twitter account:
Update on GLBT reaction to Obama's shitty pro-DOMA brief:
Pam_Spaulding- NBJC''s Bartlett on gay DNC fundraiser: "I don't know of any board members that are intending on going."
amandafrench"What's on your laptop?" asked of coffeeshop denizens in Bushwick. (how much do I love the blog title: "Brokelyn: Living Big on Small Change"?

AlGiordano
#iranelection Iranian Bus Workers Join the Resistance:
Add Al Giordano' Narconews Site to the sources of breaking news from Iran.
negaratduke
Iran-I-Am: with Green eggs and ham. (via @Kawdess RT @naseemfaqihi: thanks @esperanca) #iranelection

Negar, I'm echoing your prayer for the safety of all.

jloriWeb support pours out for Iran protesters barbarahui"Higher ed is stuck in the middle ages--will universities adapt or die off?" by D Tapscott (via @AlterNet)
My take on Tapscott piece? he's obviously never read Paolo Freire! nor does he have a real sense of how his suggestions have already been implemented in numerous faculty development initiative or by individuals with the same critique, and in my experience, he wildly overestimates the ability of "Net-X" students themselves to function in a truly interactive and inquiry-driven model of learning: the biggest resistance I've found so far to more engaged and interactive pedagogy is not "the universities" but (some) students who want me to be a lecture-delivering TV set so they don't have to work as hard!
yoanisanchez#cuba Generation Y (en): San Lázaro neilhimselfWonderful article by China Mieville about things he would like to read that other people have to write: I've read King Rat. Must now read Perdido Station and China Mieville's other books!
JasonBarnett
RT @theuptake: Video: Behind The Scenes Of Stephen Colbert's Hair Cut Gag With Obama At The White House.
Here's the Colbert clip

hrheingoldRT @kzoodedoo: @hrheingold How To Smart Mob









No comments: