Some voices are instantly recognizable, whether you hear them on commercials, in animated films, or as voice-over narration for nature documentaries. We were watching an episode of The Simpsons (as usual) when I heard a voice I recognized as Werner Herzog's. I remember vividly first hearing his voice when I saw Les Blank's documentary Burden of Dreams, about the making of Herzog's film Fitzcarraldo (1982). Blank screened the rough cut in the Pacific Film Archive in Berkeley, and because I didn't own a TV, and the amazing student price made the PFA was like my second home. I was absolutely fascinated and enthralled by this bit toward the end of the film, in which Herzog says Nature is "not erotical." Gracias a YouTube, I can relive that moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It is still my favorite film ever, it is so funny. I have a whole class I teach on it.
Post a Comment