I had fun with the "flower" setting of my camera while in the Denver Botanic Garden, but now I don't remember the names of these plants! I know that this first image is a very close shot of a large Queen Anne's Lace "umbrella" (
daucus carota), with the tiny red floret in the center. I remember my mother teaching us to
distinguish between Queen Anne's Lace (wild carrot) and poisonous Hemlock when we lived in California.
But what is this bush? are these leaves, stems, or needles? are these orange berries or blossoms?
I think I remember something about Spain from reading the tag, but I don't even know how to begin to search for it by describing it.

I've seen these pods with their jewel-like seeds before, but I can't remember what they are.

I'm fairly sure these are the
bulbils of some kind of garlic.
There are some Egyptian walking onions down the block, next to a garage, that have produced their little baby onions. I may harvest a few and plant them in our yard.
1 comment:
Beautiful pics! :-) i like
Post a Comment