Sunday, January 18, 2015

Let's Eat: Napa cabbage salad

Jaunty little kdrama theme song
.


Last year was bloody awful. Since I lost my health insurance and can no longer pay for therapy, I had to rely on kdramas. They stopped the noise in my head and they are free (if you don't count subscriptions to sites like DramaFever and viki). Now I'm learning Korean. This video gives the English translation of the lyrics, the romanisation of the Korean, and the hangul, so I can practice.



Today's salad: shredded daikon and carrot, minced parsley, half a head of Napa cabbage sliced in ribbons. ]
Dressing: lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and a touch of gochujang.

If you want to see people eating amazing food in Korea, with lip-smacking gusto and orgasmic moans, watch this fun kdrama Let's Eat on hulu. The story is beside the point, but the leads are sweet, and the food scenes are wonderful. I love the theme song, and how the food-blogger character delivers an indignant lecture whenever other characters make dismissive remarks about food. In this clip, you get the food=mother=let me feed you thing, as he and his soon-to-be-love-interest eat bibimbap with her mother. 





No comments: