Thursday, September 10, 2015

new moon in Virgo! beginning again

New moon/solar eclipse in Virgo coming up this weekend!

Reflecting on this moment,  the new moon is when we set intentions, and the solar eclipse magnifies the energy:
"The eclipse on Saturday, September 12th at 11:54 PM PST at 20 degrees of Virgo is a solar one. During an eclipse, the light of the sun is diminished, obscured and confiscated (though not for those of us that will be experiencing it during night time). Life depends upon the light of the sun. We depend on the light of the sun. When that light appears to be threatened, so too are we.
We realize there are things we have no control over. Like the planets. Like our lives."
I find I have arrived at the starting point of a new journey, remembering what I have learned before, to return to wellness.

"The Virgo lunation is right on time, for stripping down to essentials, to what's healthy and simply good."

Chani Nicholas also says:
"Jupiter’s year long stay in Virgo is asking us to spend some time considering how we deal with the organizational aspects of our lives, how to work in efficient ways, and what details to expand upon. But more importantly Jupiter is hard at work developing the house in our chart that it is transiting in a critical, thoughtful, discerned fashion. We are talking about Jupiter in Virgo, after all."
This feels absolutely right on for me as I embark on my quest to lose those 30 lbs and get back into shape with exercise. I have revived My Fitness Pal, that helped me lose weight a few years ago, and I'm looking for YouTube videos and articles that give me sets of bodyweight exercises I can do at home on those days I don't get to the Y. 

Buying bras a few days ago was humbling. I hated looking at my body in the mirror with bulges spilling out above and below the straps. Everything hurt, or itched, or both. But I bought two, so that I have clean and unstretched bras when I need them, and resolved to change this feeling.


Reasonable and achievable goals: I can, and will! lose one 1b a week, with the goal of losing 30 lbs by next April. I weigh about 165 now, and if I get down to 135 I will still be 10 lbs over my young woman weight, but that is a great target for a woman my age. I won't sweat those last 10 lbs. They will come off if I start dancing again.

Motivation: If I can achieve this goal, I will not only take that trip to Japan in October, I will make it the dream trip. Losing weight will allow me to look and feel good, and be fit enough to walk as much as I want. I want to have the energy to enjoy my time there! w

I can do this. I WILL do this. Yatta!

No comments: