Tuesday, December 15, 2015

tentative timeline


December
  •  get rid of stuff
  • decide how to sell
  • Dec 28-Jan 12 scout out SF real estate market, rental vs sales

Jan 13-30:
  • finish clearing stuff out
  • store stuff for R. with L.
  • store stuff to ship once I get an unfurnished place in SF
  • list and show place

Drive out to SF with cat in Spring.

It took six months to list, clean, clear out stuff, give everything away, find a place to rent in Berkeley, sell, and leave Minnesota. The cat and I drove for four days, with just a few things in the trunk. I sent myself 9 boxes, using Amtrak. June 2, I arrived in Berkeley, and spent the next little while getting set up.

The cat made it until September and then I had to say goodbye to him. He was 17 and diabetic, but it was hard.

I am back.



No comments: