My daughter is visiting me from Brooklyn. We have been having a great time alternating working/hanging out at home with excursions. We went to see the movie Drive My Car on the day it rained. It was very engrossing even at three hours. My experience was partly that of seeing how much of the Japanese I could understand (not much but more than I expected).
One of her books that I read: My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozeki. I really liked this book, as I have enjoyed her others.
Watched: Vertigo. Even though I've seen this twice before, this time I felt as if I was seeing it for the first time; the San Francisco locations really popped for me.
Rewatched: Fabulous Fungi. My higher power is the mycelium!
Excursions: walked from the Ferry Building on the Embarcadero over the Filbert steps to City Lights Bookstore and Chinatown. My legs were shaky after the climb up and down that hill.
Asian Art Museum for the Team Lab show, then down Valencia Street to Silver Sprocket comics store. Valencia Street was busy! We had delicious pastries at Craftsman and Wolves and coffee from Ritual Coffee.
Kinokuniya in Japantown and Fillmore Street, then over the hill to the Castro for a drink at Harvey's. Apparently there is only one lesbian bar left in SF, Jolene's.
SFMOMA with a dynamite chicken sandwich and curly fries at The Bird and lovely mochi treats from Minamoto Kitchoan, by the Montgomery St BART station. I should have renewed my membership but I was feeling cheap.
For the holiday we will go to my sister's house and have Dungeness crab that my brother-in-law will have fished for us. We'll stay that night and go down to my nephew's place for Christmas Day dinner with his family, and give presents to the the three-year-old.
No comments:
Post a Comment