Now that I want to eat more frugally, I hauled out my crock pot to make some beans. Not just any beans: Rancho Gordo beans. I used to be able to get them at the SF Ferry building but they closed down that store, so I got them at the Berkeley Bowl (Oh, how I miss the Berkeley Bowl!). They are very fresh, heirloom and special cultivars that have terrific flavor. I went to their web site and you can search for locations that carry them by zip code using a map tool, so I found a store that is about twenty minutes away on foot, and went on a shopping trip today. It's a cute little cafe with some pantry items. I didn't stay to eat or drink anything because I'm on my weight loss program but I got black beans and pinto beans, just the basics. The company also has a bean club that there is a waiting list for, so I signed up for the waiting list. Here's company founder Steve Sandoz cooking his beans without soaking them:
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Rancho Gordo beans
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment