At a yearly check-up, I had some blood work done and found that my LDL cholesterol level was high. This has nudged me to take weight loss more seriously. I lost about ten pounds when I moved but then things have plateaued and I'm maintaining the same weight, not losing but not gaining either. I'm tired to feeling so sad about all these extra pounds I'm carrying around. I don't like the way I look, I get tired easily, and it's hard to find clothes that fit. Since I moved, I find that my eating has not been as healthful as it could be because I'm finding it hard to shop for the foods I want to eat at the stores in my neighborhood. The produce is not great. I can buy cottage cheese in one store but not the others. There's one larger "organic" market about 20 minutes away where I can get coffee, the good chips, and that lemon fava bean dip. At a smaller organic deli about 10 minutes away, I can get a few things but not all I want. At the supermarkets--and there are three close by--everything looks sad. I can get potatoes and onions and beer. The other obstacle, which I need to eliminate today, is that I don't have enough food storage containers I have a few Pyrex bowls with lids, but I need a larger tupperware thingie for crudité storage and a few more for steamed broccoli or green beans. I will walk over to the housewares store and get some. I don't want to use old yogurt containers because you can't see inside them and I'll forget and the food will go bad. I had an appointment with a nutritionist but she really had nothing new to tell me except to drink lots of water, increase my fiber, and swap lower calorie foods for higher ones. I know what I need to do: I need to increase my intake of fresh veggies and fruits, not eat chips with my hummus or fava bean spreads, cut out sweets and foods like empanadas and chicken wings when I go out. My goal for this week is to cook the broccoli and green beans I got, steam the spinach and kale, cut up cucumber, bell pepper, and celery, wash the baby carrots and just eat veggies and eggs. I got a loaf of Dave's 21-grain bread, too. I need to get a toaster oven.
Wednesday, September 28, 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment