Saturday, September 12, 2026

Business

 I had a brain MRI and got the report back right way: all clear. I will see the neurooncologist Monday so he can take my hand and tell me all is well! Then I will see Dr Clinton. I need to get her to authorize the Hep B booster and get a flu shot.  I s should also get my blood work done in preparation for my call with the liver doctor.

Yesterday I mailed the form to the law firm that is handling the property ownership dispute in the Nitti family. We first heard about it when someone contacted mom about who was in the family. I'm still not clear on how the three of us are related to it but I  printed and signed the from appointing one of mom's cousins as the representative of the group of us so that ownership can be established and the property can be sold. Apparently there has been a squatter. 

Today I mailed in the jury duty questionnaire that I got yesterday, just establishing that I'm a citizen who speaks English and lives in Brooklyn. I wonder if I'll get called up. I also went to the new taco cafe Peral which just opened next to the restaurant Olmo. I'm going to meet Maria there for dinner on Wednesday but I thought I'd check out the daytime service: horchata latte and breakfast burrito (smallish but yummy). I really like the blend of horchata and coffee. The place is still rough around the edges but pleasant with lots of seating and light. I like Covert's interior better though. I went after I got up at 12:30. I got in bed at around ten and then slept until morning but got up to pee about three times. I weighed myself after a BM and was just under 170--broke the barrier! 

The bathroom sink has been repaired. I thought it was just a hair clog but it turned out that the whole pipe had been installed improperly and had to be replaced. It took Miguel and Alex a few days to trouble shoot but they got it fixed and saved Jason and Karin $700. Now I can brush my teeth in the bathroom and the sink drains properly.  

Yesterday I also got a statement from one of my retirement accounts showing that it has gained in value. I also got the disbursement from my annual acount as well my quarterly deposit so I have a lot of cash as well as the money sitting in the CD. I need to decide how to transfer funds from my Berkeley Credit Union to my Brooklyn Credit Union.

The weather is warm but pleasant, not too hot. I also went grocery shopping and got apples and mango, cherry tomatoes and avocados. No blackberries though. Got in my daily walk.  

No comments: