Monday, February 12, 2007

Oh no! not another upgrade!

OMG, this is so totally me when I got my first computer and started learning to use Word Perfect back in 1987! I just had an anxious conversation with the IT person about the upcoming upgrades to Windows Vista and the new Office interface.
Update: OK, so the supertitles are English and the subtitles are Danish, but does anyone know what language they are speaking? Norwegian?
Updated update: Ken kindly pointed out that at the YouTube site, if you click on the little side text, it explains that they are indeed speaking Norwegian, and the subtitles are in Danish. Gotta brush up on my research skills!

7 comments:

Abadiebitch said...

I read watched this earlier and just had to come back, it is so funny. I am going to link to it.

Anonymous said...

It is really funny and a propos but I cannot figure out what language it is in. The subtitles are in Danish and I can understand every word even without subtitles but it is not Danish. I am assuming it is Norwegian bokmaal spoken in southern Norway, but I am not 100% sure of this and I am therefore officially Disturbed, Evil Categorizing Academic that I am.
Certain people will say this is a Competitive Show Off Comment but really it is just curiosity, I am hoping to attract a Scandinavian in who will clear this matter up!

momo said...

Well, you are one of the two people I know who would understand the Danish subtitles. It took me a couple of viewings to figure out that they were speaking something that didn't quite match the subtitles because first I was reading the English.
You may overestimate the number of folks who read this blog!

Anonymous said...

In the verbiage accompanying the clip on youtube it states:

"The spoken language is Norwegian, the subs in Danish"

momo said...

Why, so it does! Thank you, Ken. There's a reason why I identify so strongly with the guy calling the Helpdesk rather than the IT specialist.

Anonymous said...

You're welcome Joanna. I stumbled onto your blog after we exchanged thoughts about the Zidane movie on the Walker site. I had never seen that bit before and it cracked me up!

Yes, IT is for when you are having a problem with your computer. Helpdesk is for when you don't know how to use the darned thing...

Chris said...

Here via Moksha.

Hilarious video, I loved it! Thanks for sharing.

Great....now for some reason I keep thinking of the Swedish Chef from the Muppet Show....


Chris
My Blog