Tuesday, May 01, 2007

dancing with the...stars?



I'm going to perform in a talent show on Thursday. Here's the announcement

"About our next performer, the judges agree:
Randy, Yo, check it out. It was little pitchy in spots, I don't know, dude, but I liked it, you know?
Paula: You're a, you're a thoroughbred.
Simon. I have to be honest with you, it was a little Karaoke for me. Hate the outfit.

Oops, sorry, wrong judges:
Carrie Ann: 10!
Len: 10!
that Italian guy: 10!

Momo and her pro partner MR will perform a dance sampler of ballroom and social dances. A prize will be awarded to the person who can correctly name all the dances."

In my dreams, I am dancing with Apolo! Rawr.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let us know how you do! For those of us who are local, what talent show is it, and where?

...and I'll be visiting Barbette and BLB to sample their wares soon.

momo said...

It's a work event. I hope I don't regret this. It's not exactly like dancing with a lampshade on my head.

Check out their Belgian beers!

Abadiebitch said...

Good luck. I watched the video, Apollo comes alive! I remember watching him in his first Olympics.

I have yet to learn how to put in youtube videos other than requesting it at their site. I see you have links and text, etc. You are better than I am. I have yet to figure it out.

Have fun.

momo said...

Hi, CM. Thanks. We'll see how it goes today.
As for YouTube, when you see the box on the upper right with the Tags and URL, right underneath the URL box is one labeled "Embed". If you copy the link that is in that box and drop it into your post, it should make the clip show up. Sometimes the person who did the HTML gets something wrong and doesn't close a tag, but for the most part it works. You may see that some videos have "Embedding disabled by request" because people don't want you to be able to do that, but not often.

Abadiebitch said...

Thanks momo, I will try the youtube again.