from PC to Mac. The opportunity to upgrade at work was a chance to switch, so I finally overcame my inertia and decided to dump the Piece of C*** that has cost me so many hours of troubleshooting this past year (viruses, spyware, screen freezes, rebooting, disappearing video drivers, the blue window of death). The idea of having to deal with the rollout of a buggy Vista plus the upcoming changes in Office made my eyes roll back in my head. The more I use multimedia stuff in class, the more sense it makes to use Mac as well. For my purposes, at least (not being a gamer or a hardware geek)
Of course, if I were really a geek, I'd try for Linux.
I'm sure there will be some kinks to work out, but there is a lot of online support as well as the folks at the store where I bought the Macbook for home.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Before I say another word, I must confess I think the MAC guy is totally hot! I hate it too, because he is supposed to be the favored one, the good one, the best one, and I hate agreeing with the intended purpose, but, I must be true and confess. He is hot.
I am seriously thinking of going MAC when and if I am ever afforded a new computer. At school it is the only thing in the classrooms and all the professors have them, plus, Absorbant has a MAC. And I am afraid of Vista as well. The other day I googled "when is it time for a new computer" and it said when your computer is no longer compatiable with most software. I have not had a problem with any of that, but I do find that my computer, especially the monitor and the CPU is too big, I mean, big big, as in big, big....
Heh heh. Definitely! It's a brilliant ad campaign.
And you should see some of the sexual/gender weirdness that comes out in the spoofs/derivations of these ads on YouTube, which I did not post because this blog is supposed to be safe for 12 yr olds ("Mac is gay" Playstation vs. WII, etc).
If your computer is running well, and has a fast enough processor so that you don't have to wait for hours for websites to load, and you still have enough room on your hard drive to run things your software without problems, then you don't need to change anything. My work laptop didn't have enough room to store my media files once I started taking pictures and copying music, so it was crashing. Then when we removed that stuff to an external hard drive, all kinds of other problems developed. I was having to reboot by yanking the battery out almost every day.
If your computer is running OK, you can stay with what you have and wait until they work the bugs out of Vista.
If you have a desktop with a monitor, mouse, and keyboard you can recycle, you can switch to Mac for a relatively low price by buying a Mac Mini and hooking it up to them.
Post a Comment