For that anal-retentive writer or teacher in your life, here are some hilarious blogs:
The "blog" of "unnecessary" quotation marks "making fun of bad punctuation since 2005."
Literally, a weblog
An English language grammar blog tracking abuse of the word "literally."
Apostropher Abuse. Because its everywhere! and an apostrophe can't defend it's self!
lowercase L. This one was new to me, but now that I've seen the photos, I will be looking out for those signs that say PlEASE.
Do you know any other snarky language sites?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Thanks for stopping by "Civic Center" and leaving your Doris Lessing and "Magic Flute" comments.
And though I must confess to using the word "literally" too often, I am at least secure in my "it's/its" constructions, which seems to be a real bugaboo for many otherwise good writers.
Hi, Mike, thanks for stopping by! I'm such a fan of your blog.
I am always amused at how someone will take a pet peeve and then turn it into a blog. I wonder if there is one dedicated to bad pseudo-French product names and menu spellings with accents over consonants?
Do you know any other snarky language sites?
No, I don't know of any. But I do know that I have not developed in esteem enough to get to the point to laugh at what these sites are laughing about. I have trouble with grammar. And I think when most people insult others (on the net) about grammer it is bullying. I have been trying to write an entry "Grammer Police are Paper Tigers" but I cannot check my emotions enough to get it together.
But I do have the misuse of their for they are. I do know that much and it pains me.
Post a Comment