Portability. I can take my work on the road. Today is one of those days when I sit down and crank out all those boring letters so I can get them off my list of things to do: recommendations, reports, requests, meeting minutes, student evaluations. Only a few more left to do, but I need a break. Once again, I must sing the praises of the Midtown Global Market! At the Produce Exchange, I was able to buy perfectly ripe red Bartlett pears, not those rock-hard, sad pears I get everywhere else, even at my co-op. Then I went downstairs to the Hennepin County Service center where I got my drivers license renewed without waiting in line. In fact, they called my number so fast, I barely had time to fill out the form. The kind woman took my picture and then said we should take a better one, so my next picture will not be wacky-looking. Then I had a Cuban sandwich from Manny's Tortas. I always think I'm going to try something new, and I always end up getting the same thing because it is so GOOOOOD. And they have Wi-Fi, so I can keep on working while I watch the rain fall outside, and eavesdrop on lunchtime conversations while I chip away at the list of things-to-do. Hey, maybe I'll even have time to read something something today, what a thought!
I've been to the Global Market more lately because my physical therapy center is right across the street. I've been going once a week for this shoulder problem. Last year it was the left shoulder (rotator cuff impingement they called it. Ouch is what I called it). Now it is the right, the writing arm. The pain when I make the wrong move is so intense I want to cry--effectively, a tendon is being pinched between the bones of my shoulder joint. Imagine slamming your hand in the door, but on the inside. Progress is slow, but real. I'm still feeling intense pain when I move my arm the wrong way, but I've recovered a lot of range of motion, and I can see that it will get better. Patience is not one of the qualities for which I am best known, so living with this limitation has been an exercise in acquiring more patience. Ryan, my therapist, is a wonderworker. I am in awe of his ability to do exactly what is needed to help me heal. This is the first time a physical therapist has given me such relief. I think it is because in this office, they specialize in sports therapy, and the therapists themselves seem to be atheletes. My hope is that my shoulder will heal completely so I'll be able to dance without fear again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sounds like a groovy center. Wow, there is nothing better than finding good fruits and vegetables.
I'm glad the physical therapy is working out. I think after six weeks of walking to and on sand every day is finally helping to relieve the tightness I have in my upper butt/lower back and calves. It really is a bad pain.
I heard about the rain you are having. Too bad. Lucky you have the cuban sandwich to cope. LOL!. I'm going to look that up and see what it is made of.
Sending you vibes for good (future) dancing!
btw, lucky students to get recommendations from you. I know the recs will be written well.
Thank you! Walking on sand is so great. This ex-Californian misses it.
I've been doing a little dancing in my kitchen, but what I miss is partner dancing. I got a little fix with Dancing With the Stars last night, but you have to wade through a lot of filler to get the dancing parts, and I don't have Tivo or any such thing. I use the commercial time for work/housecleaning, but even a glimpse of someone else doing the mambo helps a little!
K - walking on sand I am sooooo jealous!
J - good on the physical therapy.
They decided to renew my drivers' license by mail, no new picture, and although it is very convenient I am disappointed - the current picture has closed eyes!
Post a Comment