Monday, August 25, 2008

Lolmomo


I <3 Leee! He made me my own LOLMOMO. I lahb it!

8 comments:

Fresca said...

A LolMomo!
Lucky gal!

But... help? I don't know "<3"...

momo said...

Well, with this font it doesn't quite look right, but it's a text message wya of making the shape of a heart (on its side) and is heavily employed by the kids of all ages who frequent the chat boards of reality shows like American Idol, SYTYCD, etc.

momo said...

All those IM acronyms have started to filter their way out to general web culture: http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm

Leee said...

I'm positively relieved you liked it, because I was afraid that an Obama fist jab joke would simply be too timely and the political comedy landscape hasn't moved on to some other topic of folly, or anything. ♥

momo said...

Are you kidding? I laughed for at least five minutes straight when I saw it. It reminded me of Mindy Aloff deciding that SYTYCD was too low culture for her to watch because they didn't use Strauss for the Viennese waltz.

My mother had called me about the New Yorker cover and was incoherent with rage because she thought it was so dangerous to make jokes about Obama as a Muslim because too many people wouldn't get it. She described the cover to me, and when I pulled it up on my browser, I LOLed because she had completely missed the whole "terrorist fist jab" thing. It was not on her radar screen, because she's not a pop culture junky. "It's not funny!" she yelled, but even though I knew it was wrong, I still had to laugh. That's why I had to write that post about failed satire. It tickled my theory bone.

Leee said...

Sorry, my comment was a weak attempt (a terrorist fist stab, if you will) at self-deprecating sarcasm, since the fist jab kerfuffle is so two months ago and I'm only now getting into the game.

Leee said...

Sorry, my comment was a weak attempt (a terrorist fist stab, if you will) at self-deprecating sarcasm, since the fist jab kerfuffle is so two months ago and I'm only now getting into the game.

Fresca said...

Thanks, Momo, for the explanation and the link to more IM-speak.
I kept puzzling, what can this mean, "less than three", even as I knew I was barking up the wrong tree.
I *heart* you!