Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The songs hold up
Smokey Robinson and The Miracles, live version of "Ooh, Baby, Baby" a hit in 1965, one of my favorite Motown songs. I like Linda Ronstadt's cover of it, too. She also had a hit with "Tracks of My Tears."
I didn't watch AI, but I did look at some of the performances: Adam Lambert's cover of "The Tracks of My Tears" did justice to the original. Lovely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Adam absolutely moved me to tears tonight. That boy can really tear your heart out - talk about killing me softly with his song. Did you notice Smokey had tears in his eyes when Adam finished?
And Allison was phenomenal. She rocked that song seven ways from Sunday. I really hope she's one of the last contestants standing. Girl's earned her right to be in the final. Everyone touts Lil Rounds as the season’s best female singer. I say Alison’s the best; she certainly was tonight!
Post a Comment