I've been glued to the "Sotoshow" or the third day of the Sotomayor confirmation hearings. How I wish we could judge the Senators for their performance the way we judge the dancers on our favorite reality show! Some of these "Bitter Old White Guys" don't get it (or just don't care) that they are showing their true colors in front of the nation.
Here, I'm recycling one of my very favorite SYTYCD remixes, in which the judges and fans watch the performances of Obama and McCain in the presidential debate. It's all footage from last season's show, but used to great effect. How I wish there were a similar remix for the Senate hearings of the nomination of Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court: but of the Senators, not her!
It's disgusting but fascinating, the way all those angry white men are trying to prove that the Puerto Rican woman who worked her way out of the projects to the top of her class, the top of her profession, is a RACIST! who is keeping the white man down! Because we all know that white men are the most oppressed! And that Latina women have their boots on the throats of DA WHITEMAN! Poor white men, they have no power and status in our world today.
Last night, I issued a plea, via Twitter, that the Senators end this asshattery, with this song:
"Dear Senators Graham, Kyl, and Sessions, this song is for you. #sotomayor ("Please Stop the Asshattery" by Josh Millard, from MeFi)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment