Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Amazing crow video

via Birdchick's blog, here is a video clip taken this Sunday at Loring Park in Minneapolis, of the tens of thousands of crows that fly in to roost their every night in the winter. One of my daily joys is seeing the crows fly overhead toward their roost, so this footage taken by TwinCitiesNaturalist is thrilling. I have to go see it in person some time soon! I highly recommend clicking on the full screen view icon in the lower right hand corner of the video to get the full effect.

3 comments:

Fresca said...

I used to work at the Basilica right near where this is shot! I remember the crows coming to roost--so wonderful---also the mess they left.... : )

The Crow said...

Fresca directed me here to watch this video - amazing numbers!

:)

momo said...

Thanks for stopping by! Yes, and seeing the paths they take as I traverse the city, and as they fly every day toward this roost, is something that amazes me each time.