Thursday, March 25, 2010

The awesomeness of grizzly bears

The Minnesota Zoo has a YouTube Channel, and they posted a great video of 3 grizzly bears destroying a 500 lb pumpkin. They are an amazing sight as they emerge from their cave, so big, so plushy, such long claws and strength!


But the silence of the zoo-cam video is a little disappointing. I love this video of the same event shot by a zoo visitor, and what a great soundtrack! And the extra footage of the bear playing with a piece of the pumpkin in the water is wonderful.
The zoo also uses the bears for education: "Bear Awareness Week" shows what it looks like if you don't bear-proof your campsite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG they are so cute. I want one of these also, for my farm.

So: lion, bear, donkey, and miniature horse, will they get along?

momo said...

plushy and deadly.

Anonymous said...

It is complicated because I also want chickens.