Monday, March 29, 2010

Hello, Hello, ( yep yep yep yep yep)

Folks (if there are any out there besides my faithful two!) I keep writing more serious posts about more serious topics, and then not posting them. I'm not sure where the inhibitions are coming from. Maybe it's because so much of what I want to write about is really too personal for what this space was originally intended to be; maybe it's because I feel guilty putting quality time into the blog that should go into other kinds of writing. Actually, I haven't been writing much because I've been grading midterms and now I have to read graduate student proposals and scholarship applications.

From my couch I can see a squirrel in the tree outside the window (no leaves yet to hide the critters).

P.S.
Sesame Street-Gaga mash-up: the song Telephone with the space guys:


My brain has been colonized by Lady Gaga songs. I also like this "Key of Awesome" parody, and this Pamplamoose cover.

2 comments:

Fresca said...

While I feel pretty free to write about personal stuff, (since that was my original intention for my blog, unlike your original intention.)

I actually fretted over whether or not to post about health care recently...
Many reasons, but certainly including feeling reluctant to expose my sincere heart in a violent public arena.
I did post it, as you know, and just held on while my emotions took me for a ride..

Blogging is always pushing me just that little bit further than I really want to go. Then I get comfortable there, there's that nudge to go one step further.
Honestly, it's a big pain! : )

momo said...

I thought your post was lovely. I want to write about my family's experiences with illness and recovery right now, but I know that everyone would feel it was an invasion of their privacy, so I won't.