My antidote to heartsickness: a visit from mom!My mother will come to stay with us for about ten days at the end of October-beginning of November. She usually visits us at this time of year because it's birthday time. We'll be celebrating my daughter's birthday, and mine, a week later. Yes, we are a double Scorpio household, and we enjoy it.
This photo is from a big fall party two years ago that celebrated birthdays and anniversaries; it also included an impromptu dessert competition. We have a special chocolate cake recipe we use for birthday cake. It never fails.
In between our birthdays, there is Halloween, and the trick-or-treat gang has been planning their costumes all year. Last I heard, there was a Midsummer Night's Dream theme going on, with some influence from those Ren Fest costumes.
Although I'm sure I'll be plenty busy with work, I'm scouting out things for us to do when she get's here, because my mother is a great companion for outings of all kinds. I'll show her the new buildings: the Minneapolis Public Library, the Guthrie, the addition to the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. I'll take her to the St Paul Farmer's market.
No comments:
Post a Comment