I decided to change the blog template. When I switched from my PC to the Macbook, I realized that the color green in the background looked different, more like pea soup. And the center column appeared much more narrow on this smaller screen than it did on my super big (and heavy) Dell laptop. I've changed to a template that is cleaner and fiddled a little with the colors and font size. Next up is to figure out how to add an image to the banner.
What do you think?
ETA: Thanks to advice from Ms. Kitty, I am trying out this image in the banner. That was so easy! The picture is of the village Portalrubio, in Spain, where my daughter's father was born and grew up. Although not so many people live there year round, many go there in the summer and everyone who can goes to the village fiesta at the beginning of August.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
When you are signed into your google account, do you see this at the top in the blue bar?
| New Post | Customize | Sign Out
If so, click on to Customize.
Your header should have "Momo" then the option to Edit. When you click on the Edit, it will ask if you want to add an image. YOu will be given the choice to browse (from your computer) or to add a URL (if you want to use photobucket or something similar. The browse makes it easy. Once it is uploaded to your blog you can delete the image from your computer if you like.
By the way, I have always been fond of this template. I like bright for some reason.
Of course you may want to crop your image for your header.
Thanks!! When I have time later, I'm going to mess around with it. I've saved a copy of the template just in case, and I have a (cropped) photo. It's amazing how different it all looks on the other computer.
Ah, c'est beaucoup plus beau, last one was not at all relaxing. This one makes any screen look larger. Esp. due to its shape, the header image makes it look like a custom template - it takes a while (and a lot of familiarity with the choices) to realize it is one of the standard Blogger ones ... the image makes it seem that customized.
On my Dell the image almost fits the frame, but on my MacBook, it has a lot of white space on either side, so I clearly have some fiddlng to do. but it still looks OK. The template is the Minima Stretch, I think. The Dell will be recycled at work when the upgrade comes through.
Lots of white space on each side here too, but it still looks nice.
It might be that if you redescribe the width of the picture dimensions in terms of percentages of frame size (think of frame as 100%) instead of pixels, you can have it fit the frame in all screens.
That at least is how you do it on regular web pages, written in straight HTML.
But even with the white space, it looks nice.
Thanks for the technical info. I just used the widget to upload a cropped photo, without paying any attention to pixels or whatever. I could go back and resize the original photo, but it's fine for now. I'm lazy!
Don't resize the photo - that will just make it a *differently* (and perhaps more) inconvenient size!
If you changed from pixels to percentages, it would just be a small code change in the template. For example: in html, if it now says:
img width="350" that would be 350 pixels - a static size.
You'd change that to:
img width="90%" and that would mean 90% of whatever the width of the table (what you're calling the frame) it is in.
This would then work for *whatever* image you put up, *whatever* its size were.
I am staring at the code for header images in some Wordpress templates that do this automatically, and I have not figured out how they code it (in xhtml, with style sheets). I wish I could - I would then be Empowered.
I am hoping someone who knows will stumble by here and reveal the secret.
Post a Comment