Sunday, June 17, 2007

momo's little girl

Today as my daughter and I were walking through the airport, I realized that her legs are so much longer than mine that I have to take bigger steps to keep up with her. We said goodbye, and as always I cried on my way down the escalator as we went back to the parking lot. I will see her in just three weeks, but it's always so hard to say goodbye. I'm thrilled that my new Mac will allow us to do iChat with video! we tested it this afternoon, talking to Blas in Zaragoza, so we know it works.

Last night, we went with Loren to see Mamma Mia in the Orpheum Theater on Hennepin Avenue. The production values were great: wonderful lighting, costumes, set, staging, choreography, a capable cast, and a surprisingly funny and touching story along with the camp and the kitsch. We enjoyed the hell out of it, and sang all the way home. I had never listened to Abba on purpose earlier in my life, but their songs are int he category of "the soundtrack of your life" for people my age, but when I met Loren, I discovered the fun of Abba, especially as motivational music for doing housework. When our daughter was really little we would put on Abba Gold and dance around the house, especially to her favorite song Fernando.

Here's one of the songs that was in the show last night. Great for when you want a really sentimental wallow.

2 comments:

The Fabulous Kitty Glendower said...

Awww, I know you are going to miss the little one.

Not sure about Abba? Are they the one's that sing Dancing Queen. If so, I thought the movie Muriel's Wedding was pretty good. It featured that song and few others from the same author.

It sounds like you live close to good shows and theatres.

momo said...

Yes, indeed, Dancing Queen is theirs. I enjoyed Muriel's Wedding when it came out, but I'll need to see it again.

We did our first iChat yesterday. It was distracting to figure out where to look. If you look at yourself, what you see is that you're not looking at the camera. But if you look at the camera, you can't see yourself. I picked up the cat to show him to her, and realized again that he's a freakin' enormous hairy beast.