I had just written a lengthy and triumphant post about how the four hours I spent on the phone with three different tech support people had finally restored both my ethernet and my wireless connections, but I spoke to soon. Crash and the wireless network disappears. Not happy now.I can get back online by ethernet, and I can SEE my wireless connection, but I can't connect. Now I gotta go mess around with the configuration and settings crap again.ETA: Fixed. Don't ask me why it worked, but it did.
2 comments:
I have not figured out why my wireless stopped working. Or tried hard enough, I suppose. Now my cordless phone has also caught the contagion, perhaps it is the plague and I will soon no longer be cordless and wireless myself.
OT: as though you were missing blog material: Immigration Orange asks that I ask everyone I know to cover the Chiquita Brands boycott, so I am asking everyone I know. Mais: sin presiones / sans obligation.
I learned a lot today. It may be that your cordless phone and wireless/highspeed are interfering with each other. It was the case that my bad cordless phone was messing up my wireless, and when I replaced it with a sturdy old corded phone I had lying around, it cleared up part of the problem. then the rest was how my phone company is not terribly Mac friendly. But it now works again, and very well, and what is more, I was able to troubleshoot and repair the connection issue myself.
I'll check into the Chiquita thing.
Post a Comment