Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Knut the cute

OK, I won't say how much I paid the plumber, but I can now flush my toilet without a bucket AND I got a new faucet for the kitchen sink that works, including the sprayer fixture which I had not been using for the last 12 years because it was broken when I moved in. I feel so modern!

Blas and Rosemary went to Berlin earlier this summer, and among the sights they was was Knut the baby polar bear at the Berlin Zoo. I have now suscribed to the video podcast from the zoo's webpage because their films of the stages of Knut's growth are fascinating, and also because I used to know some German and it's fun to listen to the German newscasters say things the German equivalent of "Awww, cutie wootie Knutie bootie!"
Here's the Official Cute Knut song. Warning: cute overload may make your head explode.

2 comments:

Professor Zero said...

He is a living teddy bear. However:

1. I thought he was a teenager now and had lost the cute factor, is this gossip true?

2. I hereby add Germany to my tentative list of countries with the very most syrupy commercial childrens' songs. It joins Denmark and Brazil.

momo said...

Yes, click on the link to the zoo podcast page to see all the videos of his growing up. some of them are also posted on YouTube.