So do a couple of my friends. I'm thinking of lots of ways to mark my first half century: I want to have a wonderful meal at Lenny Russo's restaurant Heartland. I want to do something really memorable--but I haven't decided what it should be yet.
On the radio today, I heard this story about Satellite Sister Liz Dolan turning fifty. Her sisters made a list of 50 things she really loves.
I think I'll start making my own list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ooooooh, have you ever had a major blowout party as an adult? If not, perhaps so. What if you even have something, somewhat formal? Or pretend formal. Or crazy formal.
A list is good.
I once went to a party where everyone had to come in costume to get in, and the theme was 1968-1974. The party hosts had a DJ, dance floor, bar, and great music. I dressed as a disco queen and brought along a friend who was a big-time hustle dancer and had the white Travolta suit. That was a blast, but it was especially fun because I didn't have to organize it! But I like the idea of a theme party--my daughter's birthday is so close to Halloween that we have had several costume parties for her.
Someone has suggested a day at a spa, but I'm leaning toward a weekend in New York to see some shows! Or a summer in Portugal to learn Portuguese.
Post a Comment