It is sunny and zero degrees Fahrenheit this morning. Time to break out the BIG coat the one that is like wearing a sleeping bag, and the big ugly knee high Sorrel boots i bought when I first moved here and didn't have a car. And the special mittens. I'm so glad I got the oil changed, the car checked out and washed yesterday. It will warm up to the toasty twenties in a few days, but the high today will probably be ten degrees.
I know this means a big storm somewhere else, and folks are having a hard time, but that purple bulge of cold air coming down from the North Pole is over our part of the weather map for a few days, so Minnesotans will all be smiling and there will be some "you think THIS is cold. Why I remember..." weather talk. Hey, they're doing it on the radio right now! The coldest time of the year is usually in January.
After about five years of relatively mild winters, now we are having some real cold before the holidays. Why, I remember that time I was taking the bus (no car) and got on the wrong bus and had to walk about a half a mile back to campus and it was -11. I wept bitter tears and they froze.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"I wept bitter tears and they froze."
At least you had those boots on. LOL!
The cold and snow sounds nice, especially when there is no wind, it is the wind, the wind that is discouraging.
Yes, indeed. Yesterday it was supposedly 35 degrees, but the Alberta clipper was roaring through, so the wind made your ears freeze. Today it was still, so even though it was cold enough to make inhaling an adventure, it wasn't as hard to be outside.
Post a Comment