Hi, Unsane--welcome! I have to figure out how to resize the picture so it fits better! I wasn't sure if it was a raven either, but when I posted some pics and video earlier in the year, some commenters told me that it is a raven for sure. http://joannao.blogspot.com/2007/03/down-by-bay.html
I dont' know what they are made of, I didnt' get close enough. but I think I heard they were part of the Burning Man festival. They were by the Ferry Building, and that is the SF Bay Bridge in the background.
6 comments:
Is it a raven or a crow?
I saw one just like that in the early hours at a Perth beach, and I never knew we had them in that area.
Hi, Unsane--welcome!
I have to figure out how to resize the picture so it fits better!
I wasn't sure if it was a raven either, but when I posted some pics and video earlier in the year, some commenters told me that it is a raven for sure.
http://joannao.blogspot.com/2007/03/down-by-bay.html
Ah--that makes sense.
It would have seemed strange if crows had suddenly appeared in Perth!
That sounds about right. It looks like what I saw on the beach, and I don't think we have crows on this shore.
Or a magpie? I still don't know what they look like but I notice they come up a lot in Native American Literature.
Are those giants figures made out of grapevines? LOL!
I dont' know what they are made of, I didnt' get close enough. but I think I heard they were part of the Burning Man festival. They were by the Ferry Building, and that is the SF Bay Bridge in the background.
Magpies are smaller.
Post a Comment