Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Bosch

 I am up to season five of the cop show Bosch on Amazon Prime. It is very anchored in its LA setting, and it's bringing back memories of the little trips I did there before the pandemic. I took one where I went to Pasadena and visited some museums, took the streetcar to downtown, did some very touristy things. The last one I stayed near the LACMA and did a lot of walking. I ate in Koreatown, walked through neighborhoods of bungalows, explored the farmer's market zone. And then there was the brief trip to see BTS! All in all, I did pretty well with my LA tourism for being on foot and public transportation. 

The show stars Titus Welliver, who I had seen on Deadwood, and two of the more charismatic actors from The Wire: Lance Reddick plays another chief of police and Jamie Hector (Marlo) is Bosch's homicide detective partner. I was surprised at how the show murdered key characters (son of the police chief, Bosch's FBI agent ex-wife).

The character is named after the artist. Here's a very detailed look at his work:


No comments: