Friday, August 17, 2007

My baby comes back today!


I have been immersed in the world of So You Think You Can Dance this week, my antidote to the sad news of the continuing recovery of bodies from the bridge collapse, the hell has been created by our our foreign policy in so many parts of the world, and the fact that I must return to physical therapy for continuing pain from rotator cuff impingement, this time on the right side.
I realize I've made a decision not to blog about most of the things that make me sad or angry right now, not because I don't care, but because I don't want this blog to take a lot of time and energy from my day when the pain levels from the fibromyalgia and muscle inflammation have my energy so limited. It is part of taking care of myself right now to ice my shoulder five times a day, rest a lot, avoid what stresses the inflamed area (like typing this!) and prepare myself mentally for the fact that my baby girl is coming home today from Spain, and we are all rejoicing!

Here's a poem she wrote for me for mother's day when, as usual, I told her I didn't care if she spent money on a present for me.


Love's the New Black:
using pennies to buy magic gems,
cling to her skirt like leeches,
and wait for the lines to dwindle
We all know that,
not just today,
the princess of Hallmark holidays,
does she deserve blueberry pancakes,
toast and coffee,
coffee and toast...
being for the benefit of affection,
she'll love the lilacs she said she didn't want.
"all of your love
is all that I need."
Smile.
As her eyes explode with sunshine.
Try your best,
your very best,
because all she deserves
is everything.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poem's good! :-)

momo said...

Well, when she gave it to me, I cried but then I'm her mom!
She has many others, and I'd love to put them together with some of her art and create a chapbook.

Anonymous said...

You should.

Anonymous said...

Very sweet.

momo said...

Thanks for stopping by, johnners.