I return to Minneapolis today, accompanied by my new friend Mr. Belly. Four weeks of holiday feasting will do that to you. I enjoyed every minute of it. It's about 4:45 Am and I'm about to wait for a shuttle to the airport. Then it's Cork city-Amsterday, wait wait wait wait, then Amsterdam Minneapolis. Somewhere in the air I will live those seven hours difference in time zone, so even though I return ths evening, I'm rather sure my eyes will be spinning in my head. I must ransom my car from airport parking (a story, that one) and return to salute my furry friend, whose fur will have been deposited in a fine layer over every surface in my house.
Tomorrow is teaching day, so vaccuuming will probably have to wait. The conference was a total blast. I had such a good time, and feel refreshed and inspired.At the last minute I was able to join some folks on a little excursion to Blarney Castle, set in lovely grounds, and semi-ruined. yes, I kissed the Blarney Stone, not that I needed to, but hey. It was surprisingly scary! But I also saw snowdrops, daffodils, and azaleas, along with a huge Cedar tree. I cannot wait to return to Ireland. Our hosts Nuala and Jane were fantastic. I have eaten enough scones to last a lifetime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ugh, not even one day off between travel and teaching! I'm sorry.
Your trip sounds wonderful. I want to kiss the stone too. I hope you took pictures.
Glad it was good! Welcome back!
Post a Comment