Thursday, December 18, 2008

MN Stories is back!

I have long been a big fan of MNStories, the vlog site, and missed it while Chuck Olson and co. put their time and energy into making The UpTake the awesome home of citizen journalism that it has become. Now the site is back and even better.

From the "about" page:

"HISTORY: Minnesota Stories was founded in 2005 by Chuck Olsen, and was one of the first regional videoblogs of its kind. The New York Times even said it was "one of the best" videoblogs, and the site got a lot of attention from Twin Cities media. The site was on hiatus during much of 2008 while Chuck focused on co-founding The UpTake, a video citizen journalism organization. In November 2008, MN Stories was reborn as a video sharing community where anyone can upload video and participate. We hope you like it."

like it? we luurrv it!
Here's a story about citizen response to assaults on bikers on the Midtown Greenway:

I like this story about local blogger Ed Kohler and his one-person gang graffiti clean-up efforts:

2 comments:

Chuck Olsen said...

You just made my day, thanks for posting about the new-improved MN Stories!

-chuck

momo said...

I just wish I had more readers to send to your sites!