I'm going to go to the Asian Art Museum in SF tomorrow and get a premium membership that will get me into other museums in a nationwide network of reciprocity. There are about 25 venues in the Bay Area that I'll be able to visit, so I plan to go to all of them in the next few months. If I'm going to move away, I should take advantage of all the excursions possible.
First up: the Asian Art Museum has a small show about seeing gender in Asian art.
Before she died my mother was still eager to visit all the museums and really liked the Leonard Cohen exhibit at the Contemporary Jewish Museum. I should go before it closes in early February.
The Museum of the African Diaspora has a show called Soul of Black Folk.
The California Historical Society has a show of SF photography by Minor White.
I love the Museum of Craft and Design, and their next exhibitions open Feb 12.
I should make multiple visits to the Oakland Museum of California, for their Afrofuturism show and the upcoming Edith Heath show.
The Berkeley Art Center is not far from my friend's house, so I could combine a visit to her with a stop for their show.
New to me is the Doug Adams gallery at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, with a show coming up that looks cool.
Also new to me is the Kala Institute, which has residencies and studios for artists as well as a gallery. It's down by the Berkeley Bowl West, on San Pablo.
The DeYoung and the Legion are included as well. I want to see the pastel show at the Legion before it leaves in February.
The GLBT History center looks as if it has a lot of permanent exhibitions.
The Mexican Museum remains maddeningly closed but seems to have a lot of online shows.
No comments:
Post a Comment