My goal is to cancel my Spotify Premium account without losing access to the playlists I've created. I found an app (SongShift) that helped me migrate my Spotify playlists over to Apple Music, and I also started shifting my podcast subscriptions to Apple Podcasts. I am very heavily Spotify dependent, so canceling my subscription will mean a big change in habits, but I'm on the verge of doing it. The main disruption will be that I will no longer have the "played" episodes of a podcast in the system so it will be hard for me to go back to the archive and not accidentally repeat, or to tell where I am in a podcast's history. And the podcasts will now live separately from the music on a different app. But these are minor quibbles, and I am ready to cancel my sub because I, like a couple of Canadian artists, am bummed that they are paying the big bucks to a podcaster who lives off Covid misinformation. They also pay the least to the artists of the streaming services. If I cancel my Spotify premium, I can still use the service with ads, but I'll lose my hulu sub. But will I really miss it? I have a queue of stuff I have not been motivated to watch and I haven't watched anything on it for ages. Maybe it's time to pull the plug. I'll give myself the weekend to finish migrating playlists and bookmarking podcasts and then I'll cancel. I'll go from $10/month to $15/month for Apple ONE which gives me both Apple TV and Apple Music. I'm already paying for Apple TV so it consolidates those subscriptions. But to be honest I haven't watched anything on Apple TV for quite a while either. Too many streaming services!
Saturday, January 29, 2022
Spotify and hulu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment