Today I met my friend an we went to lunch at a Palestinian restaurant called Al Badawi on Atlantic Ave just a block away from our shopping destination, Sahadi's. I have been in search of aleppo pepper for months now, and this Middle Eastern deli and spice store had it along with lots of other exotic ingredients. I also bought some dried fruit, cheese, and sweets, and noticed other things I might want to try later. They have bulk nuts, good cheeses, olives, baked goods and even a little produce and frozen food sections. Next time I go I might get the tray of mixed baklava.
Just down the street is a cookware shop called Whisk that does knife sharpening--something I need to get done. You bring in your knives by Tuesday and they return them a week later. Maria says she has a knife block for me that she found on the street!
No comments:
Post a Comment