Today is Sunday and my anticipated excursion was to hop on the L and then walk to a couple of vintage shops on 3rd Ave not far from the L stop. But when I got on the L, it said it was only going to Myrtle Ave so I had to change my plan quick. I got off at Myrtle-Wycoff and got on the M that took me to the Lower East Side near the Metrograph and then walked about 30 (short) blocks up to 3rd and 22nd to the vintage shops I had mapped. I was looking for a couch or other living room furniture. The stores only had a few items, and none of the couches I saw would fit or were worthwhile. So I got to see what was in the stores and I got in a long walk. I took the 6 and then the J back. The day was hot and humid and while I was standing in the station waiting for the J I was literally bathed in sweat, completely wet. I had bought a bottle of water so I didn't pass out from dehydration but it wasn't the most fun. Accomplished: left the house and checked out the stores, had a long walk. Did not find a sofa. I need to check the Reuse America site every day.
Came home and finished binge-watching Partner Track which was a very entertaining romance set in Manhattan law firms with a Korean-American lead and a focus on racism in the workplace. The main character has two love interests who are both white but the audience ships her with the Asian character Z and I can definitely see them getting a story in season 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment